Sunday, July 24, 2011

Abu.

I'm in India.  Like India India.  Where everything smells like body odor.  And people bobble their heads and I'm not always sure what they're saying to me.  This is crazy.  I left my home like 40 hours ago or something? But you can never be too sure with time changes and when you spend 24 hours on planes....  things start to run together and you forget details.  But here are the things I do remember.  Dubai is sort of creepy.  The people there are either some sort of Persian prince or some old weird french guy.  I saw a man with a dred-lock mullet that went down to his calves.  I tried not to breath when he walked by.. But the good news about Dubai is that if you had the money to just go hang out there for a long time, I'm certain that it'd be fantastic.  I'll let you know when I'm rich and famous.  And the tallest building in the world? I saw it.  Even from afar it was overwhelming.  I am not sure that my stomach could take it.. So that was Dubai.  And then I came to India.  Customs people hated me because I was literally THE ONLY white person that was on that plane.  I had to talk to probably 4 people about where I was staying and what I was doing here.  But then when I went out to find my driver that was going to take me to the hotel... I found Abu.  He's the best.  We drove to the hotel.  He liked my glasses... A LOT.  He told me about his kids.  He told me exactly what I need to do to get married.  He told me I was too old to not be married.  And the rest I'm not really sure what he said but I'm pretty sure it was funny because he was laughing a lot.  And then he told me to carry his number in case I ever got lost and he can come pick me up.  So at least I've got him on my side! And in other news... there is a monkey on the roof outside of my window.  That is a fact.  And now I must go catch my ride out to the country side to help some people out.  Jai Ho everybody.  Jai Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment