Monday, July 25, 2011

This is hard.

Well here I am in India again.  It wasn't a dream.  Yesterday the Rising Star people picked us up from the hotel and we were on our way.  We drove for two and a half hours out into the middle of nowhere and our adventure began.  We had the grand tour of our campus, got into our dresses and went and saw the kids.  Within seconds we were covered in children.  All of them love us.  Well I think they just love to play but I'm going to keep telling myself that they love me.  They didn't have school yesterday so we just got to play our little hearts out.  They all have beautiful names but I have no idea how to say them first of all and then they quiz me later and it's just a mess.  And today they'll be really offended when I don't know what their names is. And they're also going to be wearing different clothes today so I'm screwed.  They just don't understand that I met like 130 kids yesterday and there is just no way.  So that is what I'm worried about at the moment.  But the good news is that I really bonded with this little group of girls.  They all scream my name when I walked in and they beg me to come hang out with them.  So I think that's a good sign.  And I DO know their names.  They're the sweetest.  And I love their raspy voices.

In other news, a lady puked in the kid's house.  It was nasty.  The food here is sketchy to begin with and to see it come out of another person's mouth/nose is not fine.  Luckily all of the floors here are tile.. And we mopped it up and then the girls had to sleep on that floor like a half hour later.  But they somehow didn't seem to mind.  I guess they've seen a lot worse things...  They're tough little people.  And I get to love the crap out of them for the next 3 weeks.  Sounds perfect.  Jai Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment