Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whaaaaaaat??

Ok well I never knew that it was possible to have these many life changing experiences in one day.. But alas, my friends.  It happened.  Everything happened.  I started this morning with an early morning jog around the track at the school.  So hot and sweaty but really fun at the same time.  I was in the zone.  And then we headed off to a special needs school.  I met so many angels today, you wouldn't believe it.  There were so many angels among the kids.  And I also met Mother Teresa.  Only she was Indian.  And I'll post a picture of her.  There's no way that I'll ever be able to express the amazingness that they were so I'll stop trying... Just know that it was amazing and I'm forever a better person because of today.  So then we went to a little leprosy colony.  There were only 4 patients but it was a good way to get used to how things work when we are in the colonies doing medical work.  The patients were so gracious.  There was one moment when I had inflicted so much pain on this woman cleaning out her ulcers and I just knew it had hurt her but then after I had cleaned her up, she looked at me and with the most sincere eyes, she said, "Thank you.  You are beautiful."  And I don't think she was talking about how I looked on the outside.  I think she was just the most grateful human I have ever come across.  I learned a lot from that sweet little lady.  Anyways, here are some of the photos I took today.  I hope you enjoy.  Jai Ho. 


This is Kim.  She's just another angel with the kids. And just all around.

Indian Mother Teresa.  I told you she was incredible.  Just look at her!


You are welcome.




1 comment:

  1. Stace! These pictures are incredible!!! And all of your experiences...I can just feel the love and amazement oozing out of you!!! Miss You!

    ReplyDelete