Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The last couple of days.

The last couple of days have been super wonderful.  I have been with the medical crew for both Monday AND Tuesday.  It has been wonderful.  Medical is when we get to work with the leprosy patients and clean and bandage their ulcers and wounds.  It always has a way of turning into some huge spiritual experience for me.  Monday I didn't really get my hands too dirty.  The station I was at just didn't have many customers I guess.  Still though, there was this lady.  I only met her for a few minutes and she was just exactly what I needed.  We were packing up the truck and washing our hands getting ready to go and I went to her to say goodbye and she just showered me in kisses all over my face and thanked me millions of times.  I loved every bit of her.  I think the best part is I think I needed her just as much as she needed me.  Super cool.  Then today we got to go out again to medical! It was so wonderful AGAIN! We have been separated into groups the whole time but today we got to all be together.  I really loved it. The people here are so great.  I got to be the nurse's assistant.  Her name is Navamani and she is a little rough around the edges but we got along so well and by the end she kept telling me how great I was so that made me pretty happy.  So after the patients get their bandages off and their feet washed and oiled, they come to Navamani and I and get the dead skin around their ulcers cut off and cleaned up and then we bandage them up.  It got pretty gory sometimes but it's incredible the things that would normally just be unbearably gross are just part of life here.  I think that's sort of magical.  Anyways, here are some pictures or whatever.  Jai Ho.



Just cutting the crap out of those bandages.



Bandaging it all up.


Special shoes.


This poor guy had some really bad ulcers.  Like it was his entire bottom of his foot as you can see.  It was pretty hard to see but I'm glad I got to make him feel better even if it was just for a minute.


This has nothing to do with anything besides the fact that Mageshwari is incredibly cute and I love her A LOT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment