Monday, August 8, 2011

A pretty cool weekend I guess..

Well, avid blog readers, I realize it's been a while since I wrote anything on here but it's been a busy little while.  So here's the catch up.  Last week was just another magical week here at Rising Star.  We were busy and super excited for the little vacation we took over the weekend.  So we worked really hard on Wednesday and Thursday and then Friday morning at 3:00 AM we woke up and headed to the airport to fly to Delhi.  Waking up at 3:00 in the morning is not fun in case you were wondering.  But we flew there. I slept.  We landed.  Nothing too eventful.  Except that we found out that Indian "scorched peanut butter" ice cream tastes a lot more like bubble gum... In fact all ice cream here tastes a little like bubble gum.  Which is fun.  Anyways, we arrived in Delhi where we met our tour guide, Rajesh.  He's such a winner.  We loaded on our bus, boldly labeled as "TOURISTS"  and we were on our way.  We headed out through the streets of Delhi to where we got picked up by our fleet of rickshaws.  I wish I knew what our driver's name was because he was also a winner.  Brianna and I named him Randy which I think was very fitting.  He felt like a Randy.  Anyways, Randy took us all through Old Delhi.  Through the streets and we ended up at the spice market which was simply incredible.  My nose was on overload.  My everything was on overload.  It was absolutely overwhelming.  Here are some pictures....






I loved Delhi.  So amazing.  We ate some really delicious Indian food and then headed out on a 7 hour bus ride to Agra.  Yes, 7 hours.  Mind you, we've been awake for like 15 hours already at this point.  LONGEST DAY EVER.  So fun but so long.  I can't even tell you how grateful I am that the hotel we stayed at was so nice.  I took an actual shower.  It was amazing.  Bucket showers are great and all, they just don't have quite the same effect as an actual shower... So needless to say, we slept pretty well that night.  Which is a great thing because we needed to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for another really big day...  I was on my way to meet the most beautiful lady in the world.  :)  We woke up, showered (again in most cases) and got ready to meet the Old Lady, herself.  It was pretty overcast and rainy so when we walked up to the gate it was SO HOT but really cloudy so we were not only wet from a little rain, but then we got sweaty.  I'm getting used to the constant sweat though.  Anyways, I don't know how I'll ever explain how magical the Taj is but this is my attempt.... It's so incredibly magical, I wanted to barf.  I almost cried.  I think it's best to explain with photos so here they are....
Ps- I'm pretty bummed at how awful these pictures turn out when I upload them so.... I'm sorry about that..  I am my father's daughter I guess.

This is at the gate into the Taj Mahal.  You can see her poking her face through..  :)


This is the first view we got of her.


The most majestic thing ever probs.


My budzzzzz.


We are Derek's little rising stars.


SO HAPPY.


Seriously... SO HAPPY. 


Princess Diana took a picture on this same bench.. Ramesh told me I was a princess.  So wonderful.


Princess for a day.


Rajesh and Ramesh.  Yes, their names are almost the same.  And I love them so much, it's weird.  They're so wonderful and they took SUCH good care of us.


Taj toes.


The most beautiful detail.


She's so pretty.


Me and Bruiser just living the dream.  Our lives have lead up to this...


I really like these people.  Too much to handle.


My ladies take such good care of me.


So that was the Taj.  Well for the most part.  There is no way I could ever express how amazing it actually was but that was my attempt.  She treated us well.  Right after we took that last photo there was a complete DOWN POOR.  It was nuts.  Like so much rain all at once.  So we got soaked and it was so much fun but for the safety of my camera I left it under the little alcove thing with Ramesh.  It was a lot of fun though.  So after that we went to this place called Agra fort.  It's like where the emperor was kept in prison by his son.  Lots of such cool history.  I really loved it all.  And hearing it from Ramesh was just the BEST.  I love Ramesh.  While we were at the Taj, I complimented his shoes and he (I thought jokingly) said, "Ok, after this I'll give them to you."  I just laughed and said, "sounds super Ramesh."  So then after we went and changed out of our wet clothes and were eating dinner he pulled me aside and had his beautiful leather shoes in a box.  He gave me his shoes.  His beautiful leather shoes.  I love Ramesh.  Plus he's hilarious and we laughed all day.  It was such a happy day.  And possibly one of the best parts was that I got to shower at the end of the day.  :)  Jai Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment