Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sunday.

Ok so Saturday was incredible.  The Taj was incredible.  The people I have met are incredible.  It was wonderful.  I was so sad to leave.  But there are a few things that I left out.  Like the rug factory place that we went to.... I never realized how obsessed I am with rugs.  They were incredible.  (yes, I'm aware of how much I'm using that word, but it's the only one that works...)  They were hand knotted and just the most amazing colors and so soft and so pretty and so intricate.  I might have bought a silk one for my mom.  I think it's probably the best thing ever.  And one day when I have money coming out of my eyeballs I will go back to that place and buy a HUGE one to put in my house.  


This is the little station that they make the carpets at.  Their little hands were incredibly fast.


I wish these photos did the colors any sort of justice.  They were brilliant.


Obsessed.

Then we got on the bus again... For like 4 hours... Until it broke down.  (mom and dad don't read this part.  It was pretty sketchy.)  We were in the middle of a pretty rough little town area.  There was one point that this one beggar lady was hitting our bus SO hard with her cup, I thought she would break something.  Then she started trying to open the door and like rocking the bus.  So terrifying.  Then a bunch of men realized that there were a bunch of girls on our bus so they were all lined up trying to show off their muscles and flexing and all that good stuff.. Then they started fighting.  Again, pretty terrifying.  But here's the good part... We had Rajesh and Ben and Blake, our drivers.  (I'm not sure what their real names are but we named them Ben and Blake.  It just seemed to fit.)  And those three made sure we were fine and took such good care of us.  The other good part was that we found a mechanic to do almost an entire engine rebuild in like an hour and a half.  So impressive.  And his tools.... Or lack there of were so funny to me.  I loved it.  


He was awesome.

Then once we were on the road again, we got super pumped because guess what we were going to do... RIDE ELEPHANTS.  It was the best.  I think elephants are wonderful.  So calm and just wonderful.  And I got to hold a monkey which was silly.  She picked in my hair for bugs.  Then she bit one of the girls I'm here with which was not awesome but still a little bit silly.  We all hope she doesn't get rabies.  


Monkey-ing around.




Bruiser and I love elephants!



Booty shot.


So happy again.


Thanks to Derek, we can all see how much I loved that stinking elephant.


Isn't she the sweetest?


Another good day.  :)  Jai Ho. 



No comments:

Post a Comment